There are a lot of modern conveniences we have the luxury of enjoying today that many of us take for granted. One of them is the convenience and access to natural gas. Some people have gas water heaters, some have gas cookers, but however you use it, you need to make sure that it is professionally maintained and repaired by a licensed gas plumber, whether that is for residential purposes or commercial plumbing companies Perth for businesses.
Plumbing is not just about water
A lot of people do not even realise that plumbing is not just about water, and that gas plumbing is also a system you need a licensed professional for. If you do need help with your gas system you will need to make sure that they are licensed to work on gas as well as water. It takes additional training and just because a plumber is licensed to work on your water plumbing does not mean they are licensed to do the same with the gas system. You need an experienced gas leak repair Perth service. Gas fitting is not something you should ever think about handling yourself. It is dangerous and illegal. Here are five common things a gas professional might handle for you.
- Installing a gas appliance – Things that are more obvious are, as mentioned, ovens and cooktops, but you can get other appliances that work off gas such as dryers. Any gas appliance installation should be done by a licensed gas plumber.
- An issue with your gas line – If you are concerned, perhaps you have noticed a rotten egg smell, for example, then you need to call a gas plumber Perth to come and check it out as soon as possible.
- Converting a fireplace to natural gas or the other way around – Sometimes people want to turn a real fireplace into a gas one, sometimes they want to pull out the gas one to put in a real one, either way, a gas plumber needs to be called.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing a gas water heater – Apart from occasions where the pilot light has gone out and it just needs re-lighting, anything to do with a gas water heater from installing it, looking after it to repairing it should be done by someone with experience and training.
- A built-in barbecue – If you like to entertain, then a built-in outdoor barbecue is an operation only a gas plumber should handle.
When it comes to using gas in your home, and in your business, it is important to enlist the services of a professional and reputable residential or commercial plumbing companies Perth. All work is done according to safety regulations and to code. This ensures that you and everyone who uses the property are going to be safe. Furthermore, getting a job performed by a professional makes it is less likely the work needs to be redone.